Monday, March 9, 2015

Spring? Hello!


If you’re like me, over the past few months, your life has consisted of 2, maybe 3 things…

Work.
Home.
Work. Home.
Work. Home. 
Work.
Hot Toddies (so good… so dangerous…)
Work.
Home.
Home.
Home.

You get the point.

Like last winter, once again mother nature has waived her evil wand & made all of us her b*tches! She’s shed no mercy on New York City and it’s really starting to tick me off! Honestly, the time I’ve spent outdoors has consisted solely of my walk to and from the subways each day… you know, on my way to Work. Home. Work. Home. Not only has this started to have an impact on my derriere (it’s called “seat butt!”), but I’m pretty sure that it’s started to make me go (even more) crazy! My friends can attest to that! 

However, I think I see the light! 

The days of 20-degree highs and frigid forecasts on the weather channel are behind us! (woop! woop!)

I will take a high of 40 & sunny any day of the week right now!

If you’re a resident or visitor and want to spend some time outdoors in the coming weeks, you should check out these parks outside of Manhattan (because let’s be honest, Central Park is a little too basic):

Fort Greene, Brooklyn
Activities: film festivals, live music, sports, bbq pits

Greenpoint, Brooklyn
Activities: running track, swimming pool, sports, skate parks

Park Slope, Brooklyn
Activities: 3.35-mile running loop, horseback riding, live music, bbq pits, sports, fishing, etc.

Astoria, Queens
Activities: running track, swimming pool, free yoga, tennis courts

Hoboken, NJ
Activities: beach area, fishing, great lawns, concerts, views of Manhattan skyline

So grab your friends, grab your boo, grab your dog - let’s get outside & put an end to this Vitamin D deficiency we’ve all been suffering from for far too long!

[Image courtesy of anankkml at FreeDigitalPhotos.net]

No comments:

Post a Comment